Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Team Kaiju Grab Bag Vol. 2

     The holiday season is coming to a close and New Year's Eve is right around the corner. Many things have happened that I feel the need to discuss. Much like the last Grab bag though, I have not fully dedicated time to fully articulate my thoughts, nor am I sure I will put enough energy towards some of these topics. They are Still Nonetheless fun topics that deserve at least some attention.


New Ultraman and Gamera movies

     After seeing the trailers for both of these I was as hyped as many Tokusatsu fans likely were. As the year got closer and closer to its end, I began to wonder what became of these films. I did some research and I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is; the Gamera film is still happening! The filmmakers are hard at work as the film was in very early developmental stages when that trailer was released. As of now, The film is likely to happen we just need to wait. The bad news, however, comes from Ultraman. It seems that movie is not happening as that was only a test short made for the anniversary. There is no solid evidence saying that Ultraman movie will be out at all, but Ultraman Orb is doing well and the more we support the franchise, the more likely such a thing could exist in our lifetime!

Power Rangers Movie updates

     I have been keeping intentionally silent about the last updates to come out. Anybody can read recent blog posts and see that I am hyped for the movie and most of the article would be more me expressing my hype. I am still looking forward to the upcoming Power Rangers movie. I am opening up a little more to Rita's design now that I know what is being done with her. I like the Zords, but I would like to see them in motion before I make a final judgement. All in all, I still cannot wait for this movie to come out. That Alpha 5 concept art looks....weird though....

Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger 

     Pretty much all of us were surprised to hear that thew newest Sentai team was going to consist of nine members. There is a part of me that is skeptical, but not all the reasons are shared with many I'd wager. Without a doubt, Writing for all 9 characters is going to be a challenge. I spoke of this in my last post, but they may have to focus on full serialized writing to keep the story in motion and all the characters active and in focus. I do genuinely like the costumes and concept, unfortunately that puts me in a weird position. I have loved costumes, but found the series weak. (*cough cough* Ninninger *cough*) I have also didn't like certain costumes but loved the series. (ToQger) I am just worried that after Zyuohger, which is really good so far, we will get another meh series. I am keeping my hopes high, though! A good cast has been gathered and that calms my fears big time.


     2017 is going to be a big year for Tokusatsu! Fans are getting stuff, not just from Japan, but from America as well. I sincerely hope that everybody has a wonderful New Years. Remember to respect your fellow Kaijuphiles and Tokunuts. See you next year!

(Side note: I am totally trademarking Tokunut here and now)

No comments:

Post a Comment